How many times in a day do you lean over the sink looking into the mirror for an honest review of your look? Bathroom mirrors are not just embellishments that complement the décor but, functional spaces in any home. It is a place where women put on their makeup while men work on a clean shave. This makes it necessary to choose them with utmost care with respect to the style, type, shape and additional features like lighting and storage.
Type of Bathroom mirrors:
1. Fixed bathroom mirrors: The fixed ones are part of the traditional options available over the market. As the name suggests, they are fixed to the front of a cabinet used to store bathroom supplies or first aid articles. There are modern fixed ones designed to suit contemporary bathroom designs.
2. Movable bathroom mirrors: Common in hotels, the movable ones are slowly making way into homes on account of their flexibility and convenience. They can be moved and adjusted to achieve the right viewing angle.
3. Hanging mirrors: The hanging wall mirrors lend a stylish and artistic look to the bathroom. These are available in different sizes and designs. They help achieve a more compact look as they can be hung directly on the wall without the attachment of the medicine cabinet.
Aspects to consider when choosing Bathroom mirrors:
The following factors will help you choose a mirror for your bathroom that is best suited to your bathroom décor and your needs.
Shapes and Sizes: Consider the size of the wall when choosing a mirror. They should be light weight and make the bathroom appear larger and spacious. The infinity ones are the best for smaller bathrooms. These are available in oval, square, rectangular and round shapes. Customers can also choose from frame-less mirrors to those with simple frames and those decorated with intricate designs.
Lighting: Traditionally, the bathrooms were dimly lit. However with the increasing functionality, lighting has become an important aspect for bathrooms. The latest addition to the line of bathroom mirrors include illuminated and LED ones. The illuminated mirrors have their own light which may include a light fitting attached overhead, small light bulbs concealed in the frame or those that use a backlight.
Storage: You can make the mirrors in bathroom more useful by getting them fitted with vanity cabinets. Though this is a traditional style, there are many modern bathroom mirror designs with cleverly integrated vanity cabinets for a sleek and compact look.
What makes LED mirrors a better choice?
There are several benefits that make them for bathrooms:
1. The LED mirrors are cost effective. They consume less electricity and generate less heat. They have higher durability.
2. Their inbuilt lighting system enhances the look of the bathroom and also provide sufficient and bright light for different tasks.
3. They have Anti-fog features wherein they have demister pads that prevent the bathroom mirrors from getting fogged out after a hot shower.
4. These are water resistant.
5. The LED mirrors also feature other add-ons such as shaver sockets.